FAQ is the frequently answers and questions of our tank gauge products, refer to product specification, installation, operation and services.
You should know the height of tank, manhole (if have) and riser pipe.
The tank level gauge probe length usually we called is only probe rod length, not include probe head.
The calculation formula is as follows:
tank diameter+manhole height<probe length<tank diameter+manhole height+riser pipe
For Windbell magnetostrictive tank level gauge probe, both of oil floater and water floater, Standard 2'', optional smaller size as 48mm or bigger( 3'') floater kits.
It forbidden. The tank level gauge probe is manufactured strictly base on the tank size and site condition, the user who offer wrong tank data will find probe too long or too short when install, but the probe can not be cut short after delivery out of factory.
It will bring two serious result and dangerous. Firstly it will enlarge measure error, highly lower precision; secondly construct probe again will bring huge potential dangerous on safey working. The probe is working inside tank, oil penetrate into stainless steel pipe because of poor seament.
A. Too long
You can extend the riser pipe, and it will have no effect on the accuracy of probe, and you do not need to recalibrate the probe either. Of course, if you want to order a new probe, it is ok too.
B. Too short
If too short, then you need to order new probe.
Note: if the probe is standard size which we supply often, you can change the probe, but you need to pay the transportation expenses.
1. Take probe out of package box.
2. Record “Manufacturing Code” on nameplate of probe, in reserve for communication.
3. Remove foam package of probe.
4. Install fixed plate at top and bottom of electric house.
5. Insert communication cable to the socket at top of electric house tightly.
6. Carefully put oil floater and water floater at the bottom of probe.
7. Insert probe into oil tank carefully by two hands, then hold fixed plate and adjust probe to be vertical.
1. Look for convenient place on the wall in office, to install tank gauge smart console.
2. Install the fixed plate of console tightly on the wall by expansion screw.
3. Hang tank gauge console on the fixed plate reliably.
4. The PE of console should be connected to earth reliably with more than 6 mm² multi-core copper soft cables.
Choose the tank by Tank No., click “Search” to display this tank’s volume table. Insert flash disk into the USB port below console.
Click “Import” button to transmit tank volume table from flash disk to console.
Click “Export” button to download the tank volume table from console to flash disk.
Click Save after finish.
A. Check the file naming, you should name the file like“table*.csv”, * refer to tank number(like 1, 2, 3, etc.), no blank space between “table” and “*”.
B. Change the flash drive, we usually use Kingston flash drive.