1. The world's largest oil field is Saudi Arabia's Ghawar Oil field. It was found in 1948, and the total area is 2300 square kilometers, it has recoverable reserves of 11.2 billion tons.
2. The world's largest sandstone oilfield is Bulgan oilfield in Kuwait. It has recoverable reserves of 99 billion tons.
3. The country with the largest oil reserves in the world is Saudi Arabia, and the proven reserves of oil is about 22.6 billion tons, accounting for about 1/4 of the world's oil reserves.
4. The country with most exploratory well and producing well is United States. In 1982, the country already had 2.8 million wells, accounts for 73.7% of the world’s total, of which the producing well is about 0.6 million.
5. The highest megaton oilfield in the world is China's Qinghai oilfield, the average elevation is about 3000 meters.
6. The country with the largest number of wells which has ten thousand tons daily output is Iran and Mexico. Each of the two country has four wells, accounts for 66% of the world’s known million tons wells.